Students will prepare for the level 7 theory examination with the Royal Conservatory of Music.
Start Date: Monday, January 6th 2020
End Date: Monday, May 4th 2020
Time: 7pm-8pm (1 hour class)
Each week students will take part in a lecture and activity based theory class. Students are expected to complete their assignments on a weekly basis to keep up with class concepts. Students will prepare for the grade 6 theory examination with the Royal Conservatory of Music.
Level 7: New Concepts
- transposition to any key, up or down
- inversion of intervals
- chromatic, whole-tone, octatonic, pentatonic, blues scales
- diminished, augmented triads; diminished 7th chord
- melody writing in minor keys
- introduction to Romantic and Modern eras
Materials are not included in the course fee. Students will be required to purchase the grade 7 theory book and practice exams to complete this course.
Examination date: Saturday, May 9th 2020 from 9:30am-11:30am (2 hours)
Alternate examination date (if there is a conflict): Friday, May 8th from 9:30am to 11:30am (2 hours)