*Currently, all Royal Conservatory of Music Examinations are held online. OSMPA guides and prepares students for all online examinations.*
Theory: These examinations evaluate the understanding of building blocks of music, from the basics of notation at the Elementary levels to structural and harmonic analysis at the Advanced levels.
The Royal Conservatory Certificate Program is a comprehensive system of music study and assessment from Elementary to Advanced Levels. A Certificate of Achievement can be earned at each level of study from the Royal Conservatory by successfully completing the requirements for that level.
The benefits of examinations:
- Provides an opportunity for students to track their progress
- Encourage goal setting
- Promote well-rounded musical training
What to Expect at an Examination
- An objective assessment of your student's skill for that level
- A friendly yet professional environment
- Personalized feedback and marks
- Results available online
Earn Secondary School Credits
- Every province in Canada awards secondary school credits for music theory together with practical certificates
3. Take time with your teacher to choose the right repertoire for you!
4. Include at least one student favourite from the popular list for variety!
5. Plan a run-through exam.
6. Don't focus on marks — focus on the music!
|Theory Level||Register for Class|
|Prep Theory||Prep Theory|
|Level 1||Level 1|
|Level 2||Level 2|
|Level 3||Level 3|
|Level 4||Level 4|
|Level 5||Level 5 Theory*|
|Level 6||Level 6 Theory*|
|Level 7||Level 7 Theory*|
|Level 8||Level 8 Theory*|
Level 9 History*
Level 9 Harmony*
Level 10 History*
Level 10 Harmony and Counterpoint*