This class is a 12 week course; include 12 private lessons (60 min) in length that will lead students through the first stages of understanding music notation. This course is used across all instruments including piano, voice, violin, violin, flute, guitar, ukulele saxophone and more.
New concepts include:
• transposition to any key, up or down
• inversion of intervals
• chromatic, whole-tone, octatonic, pentatonic, blues scales
• diminished, augmented triads; diminished 7th chord
• melody writing in minor keys
• introduction to Romantic and Modern eras
Students will have the opportunity to select their private lesson time to run weekly over a 12 week period. Select a day/time that work best within your schedule, and this class will run for the same time for 12 consecutive weeks. Let's make music!
All theory courses are delivered online via ZOOM.
Classes available Monday to Saturday.